About the Advisory Board
Advisory Board Members
Luzerne-Wyoming Counties Mental Health and Developmental Services
|Wilson, David G., Chair||12/31/2018|
|Daring, Raelene, Vice Chair||04/27/2017|
|Faux, Sandy, Secretary||03/31/2020|
|Charnetski, Carl J. PhD||12/31/2018|
|Hastings, Todd B. MSRN||12/31/2018|
|Henry, Thomas S.||02/12/2020|
Developmental Services Act of 1966 and the Department of Public Welfare’s 4200 Regulations
As mandated by the Mental Health and Developmental Services Act of 1966 and the Department of Public Welfare’s 4200 Regulations, the local authorities of a county shall appoint a board which must consist of 13 resident members constituted as follows (selected substantially on a proportionate basis as to the population, providing however that each county, irrespective of population, shall have at least one member on the board):
- One representative of the Board of County Commissioners from each county.
- At least two physicians, and where possible, one shall be a psychiatrist and the other a pediatrician
- There shall also be appropriate representation drawn from the following groups:
- The professional fields of psychology, social work, nursing, education and religion (at least 2 representatives)
- Local citizens’ organizations active in the field of mental health (at least 1 representative)
- Local citizens’ organizations active in the field of developmental services (at least 1 representative)
- Local health and welfare planning organizations or local general hospitals (1 representative)
- Community groups whose membership represents the economically, socially, and culturally disadvantaged (at least 1, 2 where possible).
Vacant Board Seats
The Luzerne-Wyoming Counties Mental Health and Developmental Services Advisory Board currently has vacant board seats representing the following field(s):
- Physicians (2), Pediatrician and Psychiatrist preferred
- Community groups whose membership represents the economically, socially and culturally disadvantaged.
- Local health and welfare planning organizations or local general hospitals
- Consumer representative, local citizens' organizations active in the field of Mental Health
2017 Advisory Board Meeting Schedule
Luzerne-Wyoming Counties Mental Health and Developmental Services(MHDS) announces its Advisory Board meetings for 2017. Meetings will be held quarterly, 3:30 p.m. at the MH-DS Office, Second Floor, 111 N. Pennsylvania Avenue, Wilkes-Barre.
The Wyoming County Commissioners will host the September 28th Advisory Board meeting at the Wyoming County Court House, #1 Courthouse Square, Tunkhannock, PA in the Commissioners Meeting Room.
Thursday, March 30
Thursday, May 18
Thursday, September 28
Thursday, December 7
For more information about applying for an above-listed Advisory Board seat, please visit the Luzerne County Website at http://www.luzernecounty.org/county/boards-authorities to complete an application for appointment.